Tuesday, September 19, 2006

NYC Again

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for all of your hard work on the MFA Handbook. It has been a tremendously helpful resource for me. I especially appreciated your focus on the amount of funding offered by each program that you profiled. This relates to my question. From the Handbook and from my own research, there do not seem to be many MFA programs in New York City that fund their students even moderately well. Do you know of any in Manhattan or Brooklyn which provide their writers with a good (or perhaps even excellent) financial aid package? I can find none. Thanks again.

Baffled in Bethpage

---------

Bib, look into Hunter. That's the one that people always mention on here. I'm not sure about funding, but affordable is the word people use. I think that Brooklyn is also well worthwhile investigating. Let us know what you turn up, okay?

1 comment:

Gercel said...

As one of the MFA students at City College who receive financial aid, I have to say that the school offers an incredibly affordable program. And which public school can top a faculty that includes Marilyn Hacker, Wayne Koestenbaum, Elaine Equi, et al? et al?