Monday, September 18, 2006

MFAs in Art and Writing

Interdisciplinary and Loving It wrote in and asked why I didn't list many Art Schools in the MFA book. My answer was: I was looking at MFA degrees that are specific to writing, but that's not really acceptable to my mind. The point of the book and blog is to get information in readers' hands.

So, IaLI wrote something up for us, listing a number of these programs. If anyone has insight into her questions, I'd really encourage you to comment. Thanks so much Interdisciplinary.

The following schools have Writing programs - note they are called Writing (or Contemporary Writing) as opposed to Creative Writing but they are MFA degrees. Per your request, I attached my paragraph below.


MY PARAGRAPH
I write poetry. Professionally, I have forayed into every type of writing including television, film, magazine, speech, and fiction, but for now I write poetry. However, I know myself. Ultimately I want to write experimental works of film/poetry which means I am looking for a writing program that will give me the opportunity to explore different prospects in coursework. For instance, I would like to learn the history and practice of visual poetry. I would like to take a class in translation, if possible. But I don't want to give up great literature study to do it! I'd like to believe these sorts of programs are available at the graduate level in art schools but I can't seem to find any coverage on the handful of programs.

I know I am free to discover whatever I want on my own. I'm asking where are the programs for the writer as an artist, first, technician second? Where are the faculty experiementing with the types of courses they teach? What are your thoughts on Art Schools, Tom?

Signed,

Interdisciplinary and Loving It

12 comments:

aliyaa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aliyaa said...

Paraphrasing or rewriting a paragraph is when you reword it so that the language that you use is unique but the meaning is the same. paragraph rewriting tool

Joseph Ferguson said...

You should ensure that you state the meaning of the original text clearly and the paraphrased text is about the same length as the original one. rephrasing website

Unknown said...

Good Doctor of Philosophy treatise writing services ought to acknowledge that every treatise varies in structure counting on the areas of study or the degree subsidisation establishment. more

1 click dissertation review said...

Paraphrasing could be an interesting thing but it is the same way challenging too because if the rephrased paragraph or content is not upto the standard of previously written content it will loose its importance.

Unknown said...

A tool in the hands of a sub-par educator will continue to rest a sub-par education, though a tool in the hands of a going on to happening to to your liking educator will on your own secure and aid that educator. With the colossal adding together for technology in schools.article rewrite tool

Unknown said...

Thanks for nice article.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

There are 3 means of incorporating different authors' work in your own writing: quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing. If you're going for a writing course, then you might well be requested to use each of three. This is a significant facet of any newspaper that you may would like you to perfect. click to read and know your best to writing your papers.

Unknown said...

Thanks for nice article.

Unknown said...

Sentence Mosaic options were created to assist us on improving our standard grammar creating assignments. For a lot of us, writing is one of the most crucial tools that enable us to achieve a lot of our individual, interpersonal, and also business goals. The following post defines the current technical developments in language composing as well as editing and enhancing cpus. useful link you can trust for the quality of writing.

aliyaa said...

The process of developing a business plan can be an intimidating and frustrating process. There is a great deal of time and effort required in order to write a high quality business plan. Professional writers are determined to provide you with affordable resume writing services Don’t hesitate and contact us now