Tuesday, January 29, 2008

UNCG MFA Blog



Alex writes in about UNCG's MFA blog. I'd like to see more programs move in this direction...


Hi Tom --

First, thanks for the work you put into your blog (and book). I'm an MFA applicant this year and found both resources to be helpful.

I thought this might merit its own post so I didn't put the info in a comment: UNC-Greensboro has a recruitment blog up at http://www.mfagreensboro.blogspot.com/

They have some good info there, including a new thread that encourages you to ask questions of current students. They also answer the question, "Do I need to send a personal statement with my app to UNCG?" The answer, interestingly enough, is no. That's the only school of my 8 choices to say that.

Alex

3 comments:

David said...

I apologize--this question does not actually relate to this post. But I was wondering if current MFA students notice a trend among their peers in terms of who their literary influences are. Do you hear mainly the same authors? (For example, if you poll a group of NBA players of who they patterned their game from, I'm probably safe to assume you'll undoubtedly hear the same names--Jordan, Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, etc. I highly doubt anyone of those players will toss out a name like Craig Hodges or Blue Edwards.) Is this the case in your MFA experience?

Thanks.

herana said...

It is so lucky that i come here accidently, the aundant resources makes me excited,thank you!
By Jordan Sneaker

gaohui said...

Warm dog clothing Abercrombie Polos is made in many different popular fabrics as well. You Abercrombie Polos can get sweaters which are made out of fleece, jackets ed hardy Hats made with micro fiber faux suede as well as knits and standard cotton blends. The Ed Hardy Sale best place to find all of these selections though is through the internet. When Ed Hardy Swimwear you go to the local pet store, if they have any selection at all, their Ed Hardy Swimwear prices can be expensive. The same also goes for specialty shops. However dog Ed Hardy Swimwear apparel on the internet are cheap and since they are even delivered to your front door, you get even more savings.