A quick fyi: Stanford Continuing Studies opened up registration for its fall lineup of online writing courses. Offered in partnership with the Stanford Creative Writing Program (one of the most distinguished writing programs in the country), these online courses give beginning and advanced writers, no matter where they live, the chance to refine their craft with gifted writing instructors.
Caveat emptor: These classes are not free, and I helped set them up. So while I wholeheartedly believe in these courses, you can take my views with a grain of salt.
- Writing Fiction with the New York Times Book Review (A few spots left)
- Writing for the Movies: Beginning Screenwriting
- Memoir Writing: Truth, Lies, & Paper (One spot left)
- Fiction Writing: Writing Short Fiction for Publication
- The Craft of Poetry: Let’s Begin
- Writing Fiction with the New York Times Book Review (Closed)
- Creative Nonfiction (Closed)
- Novel Writing: The Powerful Beginning (Closed)
- Getting Started in Creative Writing (Closed)